Saturday 7 November 2009

A Bargain? Here's hoping.

Trade chat this morning was an interesting habitat. I spent about 30 mins in the company of a chinese farmer /gold mule who was selling some stuff. Namely Abyss and Void Crystals.
He had been trying to sell the Abyss on the AH the evening before at 40g a pop - about 6-8g lower than average price. HE had them in stacks of 20 and I thought - hmmm - lets wait a see if he reposts lower.
Lo and Behold on trade chat this mornign he is tryingto sell them. I whispered for the price and he said 56g each, so a small chuckle later I informed him of his efforts the previous day.The price dropped to 40g each. I offered 25 to buy the lot. He had 12 stacks. After the usual haggling he finally settled for 390-g a stack equating to 32.5g a crystal. Now in my eyes thats a bargain.
Reason? Patch 3.3 and scrolls which require Abyss Crystals. New weapons from ICC and Season8  = Berserker and Mighty Spllpower enchants. There may even be room for the change in the Black Magic enchant = gold rush. Hopefully. It a risk but one I reckon could be worthwhile.

The Void Crystals are a different story. They were going for 12g+ on AH which in reality is a ridiculous price from an enchanters POV. However having bought 36 stacks!!!!!! at 120g a stack I am taking the long term approach to this and shattering the feckers in advance of Cataclysm and for general use in between,
Reason? Large PRismatic shards sell for 12g on my server.  It's a no brainer.
So whilst continuing to bring in the sales on glyphs and gems I've just spent over 18k (I bought other stuff from him too) on the future. Speculate to generate I reckon.
This has meant though that I've dropped from 137k last night to just under 120k this lunchtime but there's no fun in not trying to think big sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment