Friday 8 January 2010

Ticking along , free of stress.

I have been remiss. Goldcap was smashed about 2 days after my last bout of waffling. Then the spending spree began. A cloak for 8k and a big fat mammoth for tramping and trading around Northrend on. I'm a little disappointed that when ye repair using the troll dude on the back of said wooly elephant the costs do not go to you personally. Now I'm not too worried abotu my own repair costs etc but it would be nice when others who use him, the shillings come to you. I mean we did pay 16k for the fecker.
One of the joys about having hit goldcap is that it's remarkably easy how the gold continues to roll in, even having scaled back my efforts considerably. The mammoth and cloak costs have already been made back threefold and thats with barely bothering to spend as much time as I had been doing.
Gems are still the main earner although the price of uncut ones went ballistic for a while, Thankfully, Cut gems followed suit and the complaints about prices are more common place these days. Still, if you can't craft the said item you need then be prepared to pay the going rate.
Apologies for a random higglety pigglety post but to be honest there is a lot going on these days in the MagzGuild and naturally these take priority.

To round off  - I'll give you some info on one thing I have been doing recently in game and that's attempting to manipulate the Flask Market. I mean, come on, 25g for a flask!!!! Try 50g minimum by the time I have finished. It's a slow process but I do now have 400 Frost lotus in my bank to help me continue and there's more on the way. The demand is huge right now with ICC being the flavour of the month and I'm tryign to limit supply. I'll let ye know how I get on soon. I hope :p

3 comments:

  1. I'd be interested to hear how you do with the flask market. It drives me nuts on my server! Lotus are between 60-80 gold yet flasks are often on for 32-40 gold. I can only assume it's mostly people who stocked up when they were much cheaper or the "free" brigade. Some of them post in such quantities they must be buying their mats. Prices did increase when the patch was released going as high 45-50 gold but have dropped a lot in the last couple of weeks. While there is more Lotus about and it also is dropping, it's not nearly down to the pre-patch prices :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest Hulan it's started off slowly so far. I'll create a new post now as an update.

    ReplyDelete